Our financial support focuses on both the daily money management issues and the longer term challenges of financial management that our clients may face. We can handle everything from the payment of monthly bills, to dealing with medical insurance billing/payment, to assisting with protecting clients and their families from predatory behavior. We operate as a fiduciary on behalf of our clients, meaning we make decisions that are always in your best financial interest.
- Assistance with day-to-day finances
- Simple Bill Pay
- Predatory behavior prevention
- Agent for the Guardian/POA of the Estate and/or Person
- Power of Attorney
Paladin Life Care realizes that helping a client with financial advocacy may be even more delicate than assisting with medical advocacy.
- Routine Bill Pay – Paladin Life Care assures that all appropriate bills are being paid on a routine basis, avoiding late charges or the interruption of service. We review medical bills before payment to assure that all insurance reimbursements are obtained and only valid bills are paid by the client’s funds.
- Concierge Services – When needed, Paladin Life Care can also assist in organizing outside services such as electricians, plumbers, lawn service and roofers, ensuring that prices, certifications and insurances have been vetted. This can support the client, assuring them that they are receiving the required services, at the right price, with the best provider.
- Light Forensic Accounting – Occasionally situations require a Paladin Life Care team member to assist in organizing, reviewing and securing assets. We have had numerous situations of locating money, antiques and other valuables that added to the funds needed for care, and in each case no one knew those valuables existed.
- Personal Rights Protection – Protecting our client’s personal rights is an important part of what defines Paladin Life Care. We offer personal rights protection in the following ways:
- Power of Attorney – Through functioning as the client’s Power of Attorney (POA), we are bound by ethics and legal commitments to honor the wishes of our client in every aspect of their life. We act on the client’s behalf in issues of the person, such as healthcare decisions, living arrangements, and end-of-life paths.
- Agent for Power of Attorney – Paladin Life Care can act in the capacity of an agent for a professional or family customer who is the POA – ask us how!
- Guardian of Estate/Conservator – For the clients without a POA, when they can no longer make decisions for themselves, a Guardian is often appointed by the courts. Paladin Life Care policies follow the Guidelines of the National Guardianship Association.
- Agent of Guardian of Estate – If you are a guardian or conservator, we can bring the strength of the Paladin Life Care Approach by acting as your agent, ensuring that the best decisions are being made for the ward.
- Fiduciary Accounting